Finding the perfect finger foods to serve on Superbowl Sunday can be a challenge. And trying to find a dessert that guests can eat, without a spoon, can be hard, if you don’t want to serve the same old cookie or cupcake.
These truffles, from Bakers Royale, are perfect for grabbing and face stuffing and since they are made with beer, they are game day perfection!
I mean, what’s better than chocolate and beer in the same mouthful?
Chocolate Beer Truffles
Makes 28 1/2inch Truffles
· 9 oz. dark chocolate, 65% cacao
· ½ cup heavy cream
· 3 tablespoons of beer
· 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch process
1. Place chocolate and heavy cream in a heat-proof bowl over (not on) simmering water. Let chocolate and cream heat up for 3 minutes untouched. After 3 minutes whisk mixture until fully incorporated. Remove bowl from heat and let cool for 20-30 minutes. Slowly and gently stir in beer. Pour finished mixture into a flat casserole pan. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
2. Remove chilled truffle mixture. Using a melon-baller, scoop out chocolate rounds. Finish forming truffles by hand and place on parchment-lined bakesheet. Dust truffles with unsweetened cocoa powder to finish.
A few notes:
1. Your palate your preference, so use any beer you enjoy.
2. Keep a wet towel near to wipe your hands between each truffle for ease of rolling.